This is also important to us.

Woodchip Facilities

Our very own woodchip facility now provides our entire hotel building with up to 300 kw/hour. We took this step in 2015 to offset the ever rising energy costs. 80% of the biomass is obtained from our own forests; the remaining 20% is in the form of wood remnants purchased from our local sawmill.

Should the facility ever experience an outage, there is always a 400 kw/hour gas heat emergency back- up system on “standby” ready to be employed.  We do not have a high regard for environmental certificates or other such certifications or awards. Our fundamental and overriding thinking in this regard – to exercise great care in dealing with our environment and thereby assuring the sustainability of its resources – continues to motivate us in that ongoing endeavor.  


Products From Our Region

At the risk of being repetitive, we would again like to emphasize how quickly we are able to bring our  freshest and finest quality produce to our restaurant, as they are culled from our local area. From our very beginnings, we have endeavored to cultivate the products from our immediate region to guarantee a genuine ‘farm-to-table’ experience. Our potatoes for example, are still planted and harvested by us directly. And that’s why we are able to provide you with fresh quality potatoes harvested directly from our own cultivation throughout the entire year.  

Traditional products such as Swabian apple cider and schnapps, distilled from varieties that were already considered to have become extinct, are still made by us. So why don’t you drop by and taste a fine glass of our traditional ‘Gelbmöstler-Destillats’ (= a delicious fruity Schnapps distilled from pears)

You can reach us by
phone +49 7344 / 9609-0
Gasthof - Hotel Zum Ochsen
 |
Blaubeurer Straße 14
 |
89180 Berghülen
 |
Fon +49 7344/9609-0
 |
Fax +49 7344/9609-60
 |